6th International Conference on Personal Satellite Services
- Prof. Franco Davoli, from the University of Genova, is the first confirmed keynote speaker;
- Mr. Syed Karim, founder of Outernet, is the second confirmed keynote speaker.
- All accepted papers will be published by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library, one of the world's largest scientific libraries
- Proceedings will be submitted for indexing by Google Scholar, ISI, EI Compendex, Scopus and many more
- Selected papers may be invited to publish in the EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT
Scope of the event
Technology advances in communications together with changes in the regulatory framework are paving the way for next generation satellite systems. Broadband on the move, improved spectrum efficiency, flexible payloads are the keywords. These evolutions foster advances both for the end-users and the satellite operators, yielding opportunities for new value added services including those that blur the frontiers between Earth observation, telecommunications and positioning. The legacy role of satellite communication as bearer of broadband and broadcast services is also confirmed as the need for global multimedia distribution rises. In addition to that, the gap between terrestrial and the so-called space communication technologies is getting narrower. The space segment is now the natural bridge among heterogeneous networks provided flexible capacity wherever and whenever needed.
The Personal SATellite Service conference, confirms through its 6th edition that there is a need for a scientific forum where these evolutions are prepared. The conference provides a multifaceted floor for technology and networking where all R&D actors including academic and industrial researchers, practitioners and students can meet and discuss.